[Noisebridge-discuss] Voting experiment.

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Fri Sep 10 17:51:20 UTC 2010

On 09/09/2010 07:23 PM, Sai Emrys wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 9:08 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote:
>> It's rare in a voting system to give out extra ballots to people who say
>> they're representing some other people who aren't at the polling place.
>
> ... except in corporations, where proxy voting at meetings is
> standard. And there are plenty of ways to relatively well authenticate
> the proxy claim.

Yep. In profit oriented, privacy unfriendly, non-equal, non-democratic
systems - nearly everything is possible. Especially when you want to
have a majority overrule a minority and force them into doing something,
rather than failing to achieve cohesive and unified action.

I know - lets design a new evoting machine. Perhaps we'll be the ones to
make it un-hackable! We can ask India, they seem to have no problems
with their system at the moment. :-)

All the best,
Jake