[Noisebridge-discuss] has anyone used a gsm cellphone module from sparkfun to build a cellphone?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Thu Sep 16 19:06:34 UTC 2010

On 9/10/10 4:35 PM, Michael Shiloh wrote:
> Noisebridge, of all places, is the last place I'd expect to hear anyone
> ask "Why would you want to?"

I think it's reaonable to ask that in the context of what value are you
trying to derive from the experience... neither cellphone modules nor
whole phones reveal their secrets terribly easily so if the goal were
for example to understand how the gsm system works while building a
phone,neither are terribly useful.

want to move data off an aurduino then it's a slam dunk. Want to graft a
cellular device into a bell system princess phone? use a nokia 5190...