[Noisebridge-discuss] Hackers in Japan trip in November

Gian Pablo Villamil gian.pablo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 17:05:21 UTC 2010

I would suggest contacting the Miraikan (Museum of Emerging Science &
Technology) ahead of time, and seeing if there is the possibility of
some joint workshops and/or private tour. It's in Odaiba in Tokyo Bay,
and that whole area has a bunch of cool stuff - massive Toyota and
Panasonic concept showrooms, a giant Ferris wheel, a cool monorail, a
hot spring theme park (including a hot spring for dogs). It's also
very near to where Design Festa is held.

I have some contacts at the Ministry of Culture who are very involved
in media/electronic art, I'll see if I can dig up their details.

I would strongly recommend looking at the calendar for SuperDeluxe
(http://www.super-deluxe.com/), they often have interesting
experimental music events, and for Yahiro Highti
(http://highti.jugem.jp/), which is an indescribably weird
artist/hacker squat in a semi-abandoned factory.

Have fun!