[Noisebridge-discuss] Safety

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 16:12:02 UTC 2010

On 09/20/2010 09:02 AM, Sai wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Michael Shiloh
> <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Which brings up an interesting topic we've not discussed: How did "Dr.
>> Bobby" get in in the first place?
>
> Because we let in everyone as a reflex if they buzz, without checking
> who's at the door.
>
> I thought that was a desired feature (though obviously it means having
> to evict people sometimes).

I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying it needs to be discussed in the
context of this topic and undertaken responsibly e.g. if you buzz the
door, perhaps you should be responsible for greeting whoever comes in and ??

On the positive side, if someone new comes it would be nice to have
whoever buzzed them in say "welcome to NB! Can I show you around?" or
whatever.