[Noisebridge-discuss] Safety

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 20:31:40 UTC 2010

One of my personal policies for this is that if someone new comes in and
looks confused, I will give them a project to do. There are a lot of things
in various states of working, and things break all the time. Two things I
can cite immediately: jukebox and the touchscreen LCD panels.

If someone has a mission or purpose, then they'll feel more like they
belong. It also gives them a reason to walk up to a stranger and say hi
("hey, do you know where I can find a screwdriver? I am working on....").
Obviously this won't work for 100% everyone, but chances are people are
coming to NB because they heard about cool projects. IMHO, the best way to
handle n00bness is to throw them head-first into something positive and
productive.

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com