[Noisebridge-discuss] PKCS#7 Oracle attack

travis at subspacefield.org travis at subspacefield.org
Wed Sep 29 14:22:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 07:58:32PM -0500, Sai wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 6:21 PM,
> <travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org> wrote:
> > PS: Thanks Sai for giving me an excuse to pimp my preso, online book,
> > and professional citation all in one email :-) Now someone ask about
> > the PKCS#7 Oracle attack, I'm all prepped on that one too, lol.
>
> Oh, do tell. :-)

Sorry,

Don't know anything about it.

J/K. I consolidated it into my book:

http://www.subspacefield.org/security/security_concepts/index.html#tth_sEc30.5

Please let me know if my description is readable enough.

I posted a description on the slashdot article, the day after it hit
the homepage, and nobody ever modded it up.  <sigh>

I've also posted my book to Wikipedia a few times and IP addresses
keep removing it as "spam".  I'm like, dude, it's free, and it's
topical to computer security.  Ah well...  I have limited patience
for such things.  Leading horses to water and all that...