[Noisebridge-discuss] BAHA Bay Area Hackers, 2pm, Sunday, NB

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Tue Apr 5 18:28:20 UTC 2011

Bay Area (Hacker's Association|Security Enthusiasts) Meeting!

2nd Sunday of Every Month, 2pm, at Noisebridge, in the main area.

It lasts until it's over.

Our site, including google calendar: http://baha.bitrot.info/

It's for people interested in security, not the other kind of hacking.

This month we present:
======================

Your humble narrator, who has worked security jobs in NIDS
development, finance, defense, top 50 web sites, e-commerce hosting,
web software development, and a whole slew of other stuff.

I have a book, too:
http://www.subspacefield.org/security/security_concepts.html

Talking about:

What personality traits makes a good security expert.  I'll pull out
examples from a large number of luminaries in their fields, including
Richard Feynman, Bruce Lee, and others, and show how those relate to
security.  This talk will be light on technology, because I'm
recovering from a flu and preparing to teach a Stanford class and
don't want to bust my butt too much.

If there's demand, I can do my 5-15 minute talk on "The Hard Drives
of Doom", whereupon I discover that hard drives are people too, with
their own problems.

This would be a good one to show up to and socialize, since it'll
be really relaxed and informal.
--
Effing the ineffable since 1997. | http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
My emails do not usually have attachments; it's a digital signature