[Noisebridge-discuss] 24V control [Re: Resource for flaming things?]

T t at of.net
Thu Apr 28 02:47:45 UTC 2011

> Unfortunately it's a 24V solenoid, which is a pain to deal with (I wanted to
> make it battery powered) so I never finished it. I was going to mount it in
> a flower pot and make it look all nice. Never did!
> Anyway, let me know if you have any more questions!

Hmmm... can you measure the inductance of the coil in your solenoid?
Some arithmetic, a capacitor, and an oscillator should let you make a
little boost circuit like the guy did who drove a 19V hp inkjet cartridge
with a 9V battery... after all, an coil is an inductor, and a coil is the
key component of a solenoid.