[Noisebridge-discuss] Python student looking for a tutor in C

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Fri Apr 29 04:46:15 UTC 2011

I have a student on the Peninsula learning Python. He's very bright and
motivated. Actually I would describe him more as totally obsessed with
learning programming.

He's 11 years old and has a Mac. I have also taught him some basic
Unix/command line skills and gave him an account on my server. We work
mostly over IM and pastebin to look at his code.  He's fun to work with
and also likes math and has taught himself some advanced algebra and
calculus. He likes the idea of learning about cryptography.

So, this summer he really wants to learn C, maybe Objective C.  His mom
would be happy to pay someone to tutor him, and would probably bring him
to Noisebridge for weekly meetings.

Anyone want a tutoring job?  I would like him to learn from someone with
a computer science background or at least someone who knows C better
than me... and who is more mathy.

- Liz

--
Liz Henry