[Noisebridge-discuss] Moving old items at Noisebridge into ewaste pile tomorrow (Friday) for art project

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Apr 29 07:31:00 UTC 2011

Hi there.

Our ewaste normally gets collected by a recycling group down in the
South Bay, free of charge. Some friends would like to source out some
general ewaste and use it for an interesting project happening this
weekend. After they're done they're going to drop off the waste at a
recycling center.

Tomorrow (Friday) I'm going to drop by and grab donated unclaimed for
items which have been obviously sitting around the space for a long
while unused, and obviously look dead and non-salvageable, and move them
into the ewaste bin. I will not touch items that have been claimed with
some sort of name or something stuck to them, are on anyone's self, has
an obvious functional purpose in the space, and/or totally looks
operational or salvageable.

If you'd like to help me make more space for people to donate more cruft
that'll inevitably go through the same cycle of sitting around the space
untouched for a year only to be dumped into the ewaste bin, I'd be more
than happy to accept your help. I should be in the space after 12:00ish.

Thanks!

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net