[Noisebridge-discuss] Lots and lots of cassette tape players?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Apr 29 22:20:09 UTC 2011

There's about 100-300 cassette tape players sitting in various boxes
near POLE 3. It looks like they were used for some sort of pre-recorded
audio tour for the St. Petersburg Times. Mostly they're Sony brand, but
have been modified to take voltage through two contacts on the bottom,
I'm guessing to recharge batteries. Most of them have 2 AA sized
batteries that are completely green (as in the outside labeling), the
one I'm holding now has a date of 9/96. Many still have a charge.

These have been sitting around for a little while, and there's a lot of
them. I see no note or anything that signify being part of a project or
project owner. Unless someone can respond back with a plan (and date) to
do something with these (project, parts salvage operation), I'm sticking
all but one of the boxes into the ewaste bin.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net