[Noisebridge-discuss] how does one debug an lcd screen?

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Sat Apr 30 03:53:22 UTC 2011

Hi there,

So, I'm not the most knowledgeable person on earth when
it comes to electronics... I took an electronics class once,
and passed it...

I have an LCD screen, a Westinghouse. Kind of like a TV
or something. From years ago. It failed on me - it sorta
powers on, but nothing shows up on the monitor.

Sometimes the ON light just flashes, gradually fading softly
into the quiet night. It makes me kind of sad. Sometimes I
wonder if I can bury it in an LCD screen cemetery; would it
come back to life, only to eviscerate it's hapless owner? My
final screams should rightfully go unanswered, having toyed
with things that unknowing humans should not. I'd like to
avoid that. At least for now.

So... does anyone know how to debug problems with LCD screens?

  mike