[Noisebridge-discuss] CodeBridge

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Fri Apr 1 10:42:21 UTC 2011

* Jay Reynolds Freeman <jay_reynolds_freeman at mac.com> [110331 21:14]:
> I was at the last Sunday Scheme meeting and am much more interested in
> actual coding and in helping beginners than in the high-level stuff.

And your help was much appreciated by this beginner!

What I was thinking we could try in our Sunday meetups is to start
off by going over any questions folks might have from working their
way through SICP. After that, then go over examples of practical
applications where people bring up code they are working on or trying
to figure out.

Personally I'd be interested in exploring web development [1] with
scheme. Chris - you mentioned the other night you were taking a look
at using Chicken Scheme's web development framework...maybe we can go
over some of that? I'd be curious to take a look at the Chicken Scheme
wiki engine [2] to get an idea of what it would take to implement Git
as a storage backend.

I do also want to be sure to continue working through SICP, getting
a handle on the basics, gaining an understanding of good coding
practices, etc.

[1] http://demonastery.org/51/
    http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1911520
    http://www.mail-archive.com/chicken-users@nongnu.org/msg08125.html