[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Python Web Programming Workshop

Asheesh Laroia noisebridge at asheesh.org
Wed Apr 6 23:23:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, aditya bhargava wrote:

> For anyone who is interested:
>

> This free workshop is an introduction to Python and web programming,
> modeled on the wonderful and successful RailsBridge series of
> workshops started by SF Ruby (example:
> http://www.sfruby.info/events/16004702/?eventId=16004702&action=detail).
> Held in Mozilla's offices in Mountain View, it starts with an install
> session Friday evening, then runs most of the day Saturday. I met
> Lukas Blakk, the person running this thing, at PyCon this year, and
> she's awesome.

Hi all! Since this is "discuss", I'll mention the history of this,
a bit gleefully:

* I heard about RailsBridge, a similar event for Rails in the Bay Area.

* I decided to bring it to the Boston area (where I'm living these days),
creating http://meetup.bostonpython.com/events/16682815/ and
http://openhatch.org/wiki/Boston_Python_workshop with a team of people
here in town.

* Unbeknownst to me, Lukas had been an instructor at a RailsBridge event.

* I gave a talk about my Boston Python Workshop at PyCon (and about other
topics related to outreach) (video at http://pycon.blip.tv/file/4880711/
), where I ran into Lukas.

* Lukas and other people, practically overnight, rewrote and improved our
teaching material, and modified it, and a clone already happened in
Minnesota. They're putting together a big website for the events at
http://pystar.org/.

Fond gazes,

-- Asheesh.

--
After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known quotations.
 		-- H. L. Mencken, on Shakespeare