[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Python Web Programming Workshop

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 00:40:26 UTC 2011

I'm trying to learn it right now. I'd love some study budies. I'm a total
N00b.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Tripta Gupta <gupta.tripta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Speaking of which, I've been working my way through Zed Shaw's "Learn
> Python the Hard Way" and am wondering if there's anyone else on this
> list that is learning Python and would be interested in starting a
> study group of some sort. We could start with meeting up a couple times a
> week, code together, ask questions, share projects, etc. Sometimes
> I'll attend Aditya's PyClass to ask questions, but would like to be in
> a group that meets more regularly.
>
> Eventually I'd like to participate in developing a Python community in
> SF that has goals similar to that of Railsbridge but I figure reaching
> out to the
> Noisebridge group might be a good place to start.
>
> Get in touch if you're interested!
>

> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Asheesh Laroia <noisebridge at asheesh.org>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, aditya bhargava wrote:
> >
> >> For anyone who is interested:
> >>

> >> This free workshop is an introduction to Python and web programming,
> >> modeled on the wonderful and successful RailsBridge series of
> >> workshops started by SF Ruby (example:
> >> http://www.sfruby.info/events/16004702/?eventId=16004702&action=detail
> ).
> >> Held in Mozilla's offices in Mountain View, it starts with an install
> >> session Friday evening, then runs most of the day Saturday. I met
> >> Lukas Blakk, the person running this thing, at PyCon this year, and
> >> she's awesome.
> >
> > Hi all! Since this is "discuss", I'll mention the history of this,
> > a bit gleefully:
> >
> > * I heard about RailsBridge, a similar event for Rails in the Bay Area.
> >
> > * I decided to bring it to the Boston area (where I'm living these days),
> > creating http://meetup.bostonpython.com/events/16682815/ and
> > http://openhatch.org/wiki/Boston_Python_workshop with a team of people
> > here in town.
> >
> > * Unbeknownst to me, Lukas had been an instructor at a RailsBridge event.
> >
> > * I gave a talk about my Boston Python Workshop at PyCon (and about other
> > topics related to outreach) (video at http://pycon.blip.tv/file/4880711/
> > ), where I ran into Lukas.
> >
> > * Lukas and other people, practically overnight, rewrote and improved our
> > teaching material, and modified it, and a clone already happened in
> > Minnesota. They're putting together a big website for the events at
> > http://pystar.org/.
> >
> > Fond gazes,
> >
> > -- Asheesh.
> >
> > --
> > After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known
> quotations.
> >                -- H. L. Mencken, on Shakespeare

Ladycartoonist.com

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein