[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Interest in a Blender / Computer Graphics class?

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 02:47:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Daniel Dunbar <daniel at zuster.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Brian Morris <cymraegish at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >  I need (FLOSS) stuff where I can use my drawing tablet.
>
> Tablets are fun. I'm not totally up to date on Blender's features but
> its possible it has some level of support for pressure sensitivity in
> the model painting tools by now. Not sure about interactive sculpting
> tools...
>
> It seems to have support.

> Have you tried writing any software for yours yet? There are so many
> fun ways to use pressure sensitivity..
>
> I would like to learn more about that if I can. My programming skill is
pretty bad but if I can find Fun that would help a lot to motivate me.

So far -  I am on MacOS - I had tried installing MyPaint and Krita on
Leopard, but neither worked. I now have Snow Leopard so I am thinking to try
them again (install via Macports probably). Right now limited to Painter7
only works on os9 through 10.4, meaning some older powerpc I still have
hanging around.

I used to use Linux more but have had problems with it on the newer Macs...

So see you all this Thursday.