[Noisebridge-discuss] Headphone (extension)cable with compact right-angle 3.5mm plug

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Mon Apr 18 03:16:57 UTC 2011

Thanks,

* Jake <jake at spaz.org> [110417 09:04]:
> I recommend using a brand-new 3.5mm stereo plug, but do not use the
> screw-on barrel cover.  Just bend the ground terminal over 90 degrees,
> and don't clamp it onto your wire until you're finished soldering.
> Finish with hot glue.  You will have a higher-quality connection than
> any you can buy.

I'd done a similar thing when making a 1/4" to right-angle 3.5mm jack
adapter, bending over the ground terminal, etc. But I used epoxy to
pot it, which I'm thinking might be a bit too inflexible. I like the
hot glue idea. May try to cover that with heatshrink to make it look
more finished.

John

--
John Magolske