[Noisebridge-discuss] PyClass 2011-04-18

Timmy Shih Jun Yee yu.shijun at masterofpi.org
Mon Apr 18 05:47:16 UTC 2011

On 04/17/2011 10:40 PM, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> Timmy Shih Jun Yee writes:
>
>> * Short-circuit evaluation (i.e. Lazy evaluation)
>
> I don't agree that short-circuit and lazy evaluation are the same thing.

I'm sorry. My mistake. Thank you for pointing that out.

I should say that short-circuit evaluation is a special case of lazy
evaluation. I'll quote from the Wikipedia article for "Short-circuit evaluation":
"In languages that use lazy evaluation by default (like Haskell), all functions
are effectively "short-circuit", and special short-circuit operators are
unnecessary."

--Timmy