[Noisebridge-discuss] RDTN on kickstarter to help arm Japan with Geiger tech

Wladyslaw Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 22:37:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Geoff Shively <gshively at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hackerspace right now working on project: RDTN which needs 33k Japan
> w/Geiger Counters, a great way to support japan and geeks

This is a great concept; is anybody on this list involved with RDTN? I
talked to a guy from OSGeo who is trying to extend this line of work
by doing summations of the data instead of thumbtacks for each point,
e.g.

http://imagepaste.nullnetwork.net/viewimage.php?id=2115

I think we can all agree the Google slippy map is not going to scale
very nicely to 33,000 thumbtacks...