[Noisebridge-discuss] 50" TV FINISHED :D

Zach . organic_unity at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 21:51:19 UTC 2011

okay, so its actually 42" (Dr. Jesus thanks for correcting me) but yeah....

Its all working great now and I even got the remote control working for it (now velcrowed to the top)

The coolest feature is that it can do split screen with two input signals.  So someone can be doing live programming while I'm looking up a datasheet or running a movie or anything...its pretty sweet.  It has DVI, VGA, Component, S- Video, and Composite inputs and goes up to 1080i/720p

I was talking with people about how best to use it for the space and Miloh had a great idea of putting it on its own table with wheels.  That way it can travel around the space for presentations or datasheet access for circuit hacking mondays.  Or for showing projects before Tues meetings and even as a dual display for the busy 5 minutes of fame presentations.

I'd like to mount a computer on the back, like a screen-less laptop and I have one in mind already. But I need help with the table and setting it up as a video network over LAN.  Let's make this a community project!  I think it will be a highlight at NB once its finished and rolling around.  It can even be used as a welcome screen when people come in... (well have to give it robot arms of course ;P)

If anyone wants to get involved just start building or lets talk sometime :)

Zach