[Noisebridge-discuss] Lots and lots of cassette tape players?

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 02:02:44 UTC 2011

I was thinking about if it would be useful to take (at least some of)  the
motors out and maybe some of the mechanical parts that connect to them,
sorting them out.

Perhaps useful with microcontrollers to make things ? I was thinking about
little robotic creatures or something like that.

Its a matter of someone taking the time I guess.

I also had thoughts of sorting through / out and detangling the huge bin of
dc power bricks (1) , and even going through the several trunks (big wooden
boxes), just sorting so it would be clear what was there and easier to use
what is useful.

Mostly thinking what can I do to give something back to the place since I
don't really have any money and have limited times and hours I can be there.

Brian

Note (1) people working with electrically powered projects need power
supplies, don't they ? Even for testing out junk that comes in ? I was
trying to see if any of those old tablets worked but totally discouraged
looking at the hopelessly tangled power supplies bin ... especially since
the power supplies could not be tested due to voltmeters broken or missing
test leads that fit...