[Noisebridge-discuss] room for rent in the mission

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 04:01:50 UTC 2011

We are an apartment of nerds, but sadly one of us is moving out. We're
looking for someone to move in August 15 or earlier for two or three months,
with an option to stay on afterwards if we all get along.

We're in a great part of the Mission, across the street from Atlas Cafe.

The apartment is newly remodelled, with hardwood floors, a nice gas range
and oven, a dishwasher, a fridge with an ice dispenser, and good water
pressure. There's a living room, a kitchen, a concrete backyard, and a
garage. The room itself is 11x10 plus closet and its own bathroom, and will
be unfurnished. We're clean but not particularly tidy- this is a home where
we all hang out and share the common space, crafting, doing Math and making
Art.

The remaining roommates are:

Rebecca: She is a math graduate student. She is also a serious science
fiction fan who enjoys bicycling and baking bread. She is a vegetarian, but
lives with omnivores.

Quirk: Small, sprightly, proud transplanted East-coast geek who moves too
fast for most of the Californians she encounters. Recognizable for a singing
voice that she hopes will eventually be able to shatter glass, or for
wandering around with her head in a book or a cloud of
mathematics, or both at the same time. At first she may seem eager to help
others' awesome tasks, but if you get past her shy side, watch out for
devious meddling and rapid introductions. All for the greater good, of
course.

Meredith: 13.8 Martian years old, but a whopping 108.4 year-old Mercurian.
Feels somewhere closer to the former. Artist of the comics, teacher of
kinetics, maker of the things. Foodie like whoa. Clumsilly over enthusiastic
wild gesticulator. Really likes the phrase 'padding around in my stocking
feet'. Geekiest pastimes: star trek conventions, comic-con, BurningMan,
Magic the Gathering. Science groupie. Welder and amateur mechanic. Life
goals: to be able to raise one eyebrow, destroy needless cynicism.

We're generally pretty laid back, but this is not a party house. We're
looking for someone we can get along with, preferably also a huge nerd.
We're also looking for someone queer-friendly (though the entire Kinsey
Scale welcome), preferably a non-smoker, and preferably with lots of board
games. We're getting
a new cat, so no other pets until it settles in a bit.

--

Ladycartoonist.com

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein