[Noisebridge-discuss] last chance to vote for new machine learning time

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Tue Aug 9 03:15:31 UTC 2011

Dear... sweet... Brian,

As of right now, the top 3 highest requested times are:

Monday, 7:00pm  (9 "votes")
Wendesday, 7:30pm (8 "votes")
Sunday, 5pm or 7pm (7 "votes")

Statistically, this is a small sample of what comprises
the set "everyone who is interested in going to ML
meetups". But what would you rather spend your time
on, finding more people to poll, or actually doing ML
stuff? There is no time that works for everyone, and who
comprises "everyone" changes over time, making
consensus difficult and just as unfair to future ML people
as the poll.

I don't think a runoff poll is necessary, but nothing is stopping
you from conducting one. What works best for most of the people
that answered the poll, including me, is Monday at 7:00pm. So
I'm going to show up for ML on Mondays at 7pm, unless
something else that silently goes on in the Church room
conflicts with it. Hopefully that will work out.

Obviously there is no "official" machine learning group, there
is only what people show up for and do. You're welcome to meet
up on Sundays and do machine learning stuff and send emails
out to the ML and noisebridge-discuss list to solicit people to
show up, and edit the wiki to add this extra day, as is anyone.

I don't think you're being rude, but we have someone who wants
to present next week and would appreciate some certainty. I'm
sorry the timing doesn't work out for you.

  mike