[Noisebridge-discuss] Pwn yer Phne! Android edition! Jan 15, 2012, 4pm, NOISEBRIDGE!

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Thu Dec 8 17:04:48 UTC 2011

If you can't open it, you don't own it!  How many times have we heard or
read that?  Doubtless, we've heard it or read it on our most closed and
inaccessible possessions!   The contracts make us feel like we are renting
then, but they are ours and they should operate under our terms.

So, I would like to propose that NoiseBridge host a "pwn yer phwn" event
where people of all skill levels and personalization commitments gather to
truly make people feel at home with their devices.

I invite people to talk about:

   - Rooting
   - ROMs
   - App development
   - Customization
   - App selection
   - Spyware, bloatware, nagware, and how to scrap it all
   - Tethering
   - Circumventing all of the above without alerting carriers to violations
   of Terms of Service.

Among other things, I would like people, before the event, to talk about
what they want out of their devices.  So, feel free to reply with how you'd
like to pwn yer phne!

THANKS!

P.S. I need help running this event.  Who's with me?  I need help with
invitations, organization, and PR.  I am in no Android Communities, so
android developers, I would really appreciate you spreading the word.