[Noisebridge-discuss] Request for paid computer help; offer of free Juggalo shirts

Patrick Lake pat at patsanimation.com
Tue Dec 13 23:46:58 UTC 2011

Hi Noisebridgers,

1. Problem:
My roommate's computer stopped playing audio. Anyone want to get paid to help?  This is a driver issue but every solution I tried didn't work.  I don't know for sure why, I don't use windows.  It's an HP Pavillion dv6700 notebook with AMD Turion 64 X2 and Vista.  The missing driver was generic stuff that came with it, no special parts.  I downloaded it from maker's website and reinstalled but it fails to show up.  I googled a few reports of the same problem that happened because of a windows update, and system restore only solved it temporarily until it came back permanently for those people.  My other guesses are something corrupt in Vista, or malware messing with the reinstall.  I can't spend time cleaning her whole system and showing her how to keep it up right.  Maybe it's best for her to get Windows 7 on there.  U wanna help, call me, OK?

2. Offer:
Are you down with the clown?  Looking for a cool present for a size triple-x-large Juggalo?  My business did some business with Psychopathic records.  By surprise, they sent me some free shirts in size XL-3XL.  If you wanna show some 'lo love, they're yours for the asking.  Theres some Gathering of the Juggalos 2011 shirts, and one that says "Happy Hatchet Holidays" (festive wear to delight the whole family on christmas morning.)  Even if they're not right for your wardrobe, they can make a great wall display, or stick 'em in the windows and show it's OK to talk to scientists.

Best,
Patrick Lake
450 South Van Ness Ave #1
San Francisco CA 94103