[Noisebridge-discuss] Homes Not Jails Tuesday meeting

Tony K. LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 14:36:10 UTC 2011

This is a notice to anyone who doesn't know, or reminder for anyone who
does, that Homes Not Jails <http://www.homesnotjailssf.org/wb/> has a
weekly meeting every Tuesday at 8 p.m., at the Housing Rights Committee
Office, 417 South Van Ness (close to 15th & S. Van Ness). We usually go out
on an Away Team (squat-scouting mission) afterwards. I am personally very
invested in this form of direct action at the moment - I am squatting in
the Mission (near 16th & Mission - great location) - and looking for a
backup in case we have to leave, plus I want to help others find housing. I
am really into building a community of squatters / occupiers of vacant
properties & buildings here. If you or someone you know needs housing or
are just "squat-curious," feel free to drop me a line. I'm looking for
high-functioning, capable, creative people who are involved in projects &
have contributions to make, especially after a couple less than savory
experiences recently. I'm fairly new to the scene myself but have already
learned the reality that we have to protect ourselves by being selective
about the people we surround ourselves with.

Tony Longshanks