[Noisebridge-discuss] Theft at Noisebbridge

Robert Chu robertayoungchu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 16:37:32 UTC 2011

Hello Noisebridge community.

About an hour and a half ago, I was walking through the space and chatting
with Josh. In the conversation I pointed out that there was $30 dollars in
the donation bin so that he can note it as well, if it came up missing
later on this morning. We then continued back to the Turing classroom to
hack.

After getting ready to leave, I checked the donation bin and saw that the
$30 was gone. I then stated clearly that the money was missing to the rest
of the people at Noisebridge. The only three people who were in the front
area were Larent (who was taking a nap at the front wall), Lilly, and
Stripes.

I then yelled it out and looked directly at Stripes, who asked "Do you
think it was me?", which I replied yes too. He then said "That hurts." And
his tone was nervous and tense. He then grabbed his bag and headed straight
for the door. As he was leaving asked him if he would like to talk about
this (as I wanted to get more info about his view on the timing of things).

Stripes has been living here consistently for about two weeks (right after
the Occupy Camp was raided). In addition I've kept pretty close watch when
I've been here in the past couple days, and $3 went missing as well, during
the same time that Stripes was here.

I can't say Stripes has stolen the money since I have not seen him do it,
yet the circumstances are very slim IMHO to say he didn't.

To help curb this I am going to secure the donation box so this doesn't
happen again.

Thank you and good morning Noisebridge
--
Rayc