[Noisebridge-discuss] [Tastebridge] Thread about classrooms

Roger H domitron at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 17:49:29 UTC 2011

Yes, the spot was good in the sense that I could extract the cool San Francisco air and cold convection from the window but extremely poor anytime direct sunlight would shine into the window.  The particular warm-weather oysters we are fruiting fruit best around 70F.  The Stipticus Panellus bioluminescent mushrooms that I am going to bring fruit a bit better at normal room temperature (73F) and glow best around that too.  The problem was that when the sun shines in, even with the Reflectix backing that I added, temperatures soar in the chamber to as high as 80F some mornings.  Due to the sudden change in temperature, the humidifier typically could not keep up and the relative humidity in the chamber would fall temporarily.  Outside of "real serious" insulation (say R-20 or above), there is no way to stop this heating effect, and a larger humidifier input to accommodate the temperature dynamics would have the additional side effect of using more
 water.  A better place would be one that I can get an even room temperature, away from the sunlight, and where the setup doesn't bother anyone.

Roger