[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisetor funds shortfall

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Dec 8 08:14:27 UTC 2011

On 12/06/2011 09:45 PM, Shannon Lee wrote:
> Hi Noisebridge,
>
> I'm writing you talk about a project near to my heart:  noisetor.  Noisetor
> is a tor exit node, run by Noisebridge volunteers, with the purpose of
> making sure Tor exit nodes exist inside the US, and to demonstrate that
> running an exit node is not going to be the death of your organization.
>
> So far, after three months of running Noisetor, the biggest problem is not
> law enforcement, but our own lack of cash.  We've got a bill due in a few
> days which we're $400 or so short on (see Andy's recent breakdown of
> Noisetor finances).
>
> If you'd like to see Noisebridge continue to engage in this worthwhile
> project, and for Noisebridge people to feel comfortable engaging in
> projects like this in the future, we could use your support.  You can
> donate to Noisetor by following this link: http://noisetor.net/ and
> following the various instructions.  If you felt really passionate about
> having Tor exits in the US (for example, if you *really* wanted to make
> sure you got to read Google in English and not German), you could subscribe
> to a recurring payment.

We're looking for about ten people to sign up for $50USD monthly of
support. We'd like five people to sign up for $100USD monthly support.
Really though, the best thing is anyone signing up and saying "hey, I
like this and I'll still like it next month" - is that you?

Because the project is supported by our little 501c3, it means that
monthly donation is also a tax write off! And if you work for a company
that gives a matching donation, we're usually one of the groups who
qualifies for a match.

Please consider making a monthly donation automagically:
http://noisetor.net/

All the best,
Jake