[Noisebridge-discuss] NoiseZine

Tony K. LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:34:30 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:

Hey Tony,

There's actually a few issues and a mailing list infrastructure for Signal
to Noise, which was my attempt at a NB e-zine. It seemed to do pretty well,
but it was a lot of work.

Thanks, Danny

I will def draw inspiration from NoiseRat / Signal2noise. Perhaps we'll
reanimate it; perhaps we'll sew it's head onto the torso of another
good-looking corpse. I will take your caution re: gossip / hatebucket to
heart. I don't want it to become a misanthropic morass of conflict or
injured feelings. I want it to have good scientific and technological
"how-to" articles, useful info, good recipes, not just fluff. I do have an
"inner Linda Richman" that tends to come out in things like the "NoiseLog"
entry I just posted on the wiki, but I tried to make the chattiness warm
and the cattiness gentle. I suspect I'll be chastised, chided, & possibly
reprimanded for naming names & other indiscretions. I've already offended
at least one person by referring to the NoiseBridge regulars as "Noise Boys
and Bridge Babes." I now take refuge in the gender-neutral & seemingly
innocuous "Bridgefolk."

I would like to have a loosely arranged meeting at the space some time this
week to chat it all over & brainstorm miraculous ideas that will get
everyone wildly excited. I don't see why we couldn't print limited editions
of each issue and at least make back our printing costs by selling them to
hackers, zinesters, admirers, friends, etc. If any (modest) profit is made
it can feed back into the space and the many mouths it feeds (both
literally & figuratively).

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

G'night for now

Tony