[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: A technology workspace Noisebridge needs your help!

Zephyr Pellerin zephyr.pellerin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 04:29:37 UTC 2011

Hey I just sent this to O'Reilly, someone should let me know if I've made a
terrible mistake.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello O'Reilly Publishing!

My name is Zephyr Pellerin, I'm a member at Noisebridge which is a
community run infrastructure provider for technology projects in the
Mission district of San Francisco, we're completely run as a
collaborative institution and we're incorporated as a non-profit
educational corporation for public benefit.

We have a relatively extensive library which is used by hundreds of people
interested in learning about technology and mathematics every week, we have
quite a few books and people reading them already!

Library <http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6041/6255312232_59cb92362f_o.jpg>
Library 2 <http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6226/6254785459_e603087081_o.jpg>
Library 3 <http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4016/4501319481_a21d5cd62f_b.jpg>

We think O'Reilly publishing provides some of the best presented, most
informative, and comprehensive information on virtually every topic of
interest to programmers, we recommend your books to those looking to learn
a technology daily, but unfortunately we don't have very many of them
beyond what members have donated! Particularly lacking is coverage of newer
technologies (Such as Node.js and Cassandra) and newer paradigms of looking
at existing problems in technology (Like Machine Learning and Statistics)
which people are increasingly interested in.

Consequently, we'd like to solicit a donation from you, if your business
would be interested in donating to this project, we'd greatly appreciate
your input. All donations would be recognized as donated from your company.
This letter and our letter of thank you indicating the amount is sufficient
documentation of your donation for tax purposes.

These donations of books will be used for the sole purpose and benefit of
Noisebridge members in San Francisco, no donations will be awarded to
members or participants in Noisebridge, Our project goal is to provide a
public source of hands on knowledge

If you have any questions, this message is cc'ed to the Noisebridge
discussion list, which is read by many Noisebridge members who will be able
to reply to your query, If you have any specific questions you can email me
back and I will put you in touch with whomever is best suited to answer
your question.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and support,

- Zephyr Pellerin