[Noisebridge-discuss] Digests on iOS devices

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Dec 28 00:00:49 UTC 2011

[begin rant]

I am so glad I no longer have an iPhone (as i type this on my macbook)

When i quit iphone a year or two ago, things were not nearly as bad as
they are now, based on what i've read on google news when i'm bored.

It seems to me that apple have gotten worse than microsoft EVER could, and
I think that people in the open-source supporting community should
seriously rethink their support of their proprietary platforms.

the iphone and ipad are so far from open-source and so much more like
commercial television, i don't want to even have to touch one.

I am using a macbook because the hardware is high-quality, and on a
related note, I am using OSX because the power management works well (when
i shut the lid it goes to sleep, something windows and linux can't do)

I keep meaning to switch to ubuntu (which is already installed on this
machine) but i'm lazy and OSX works well without getting in my way.
But all the things Apple restricts people from doing, both those who play
by the rules and those who have jailbroken their phones, are offensive to
me.

my two cents, not that you asked.
-jake

Phil wrote:
Hi,
Any idea why I can't view Noisbridge digests in my iOS email clients?

It usually shows me the first few lines (usually just part of the index)
then it gives me the following error in the body of the email.

I get the same problem on iPhone and iPad but the same email looks fine on
my Android device and my OSX laptop.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Phil