[Noisebridge-discuss] Trained on CNC?

Brian Klug brian.klug at hackerdojo.com
Wed Feb 16 17:42:54 UTC 2011

Hi!

I have a personal art project I need a little help on.  Is there anyone
trained on CNC at Techshop or similar that might like to help a geeky
programmer try to make something in the *real *world? :)

What I need help with:

   1. *Material selection*.  I have a vision of a 2.5'x2.5' piece of wood,
   perhaps 1.5" thick.  (Think of a table top.)  I don't know what kind of wood
   to get or where to get it.
   2. *Actual cutting*.  I don't expect to CNC anything else in the near
   future, therefore I am seeking someone else who has already been trained.

What I can offer:

   1. *Design*.  Even if I have to learn new CAD/Toolpath software, I am
   happy to do the digital potion, export whatever is needed.
   2. *Flexibility*.  I realize I am asking for help, so can try to be
   flexible with my vision / design to be practical.
   3. *Dinner*.  I am sometimes able to cook edible food.

I'm guessing this will be an easy & fun project.  Hope I can find some help!

-B