[Noisebridge-discuss] BarBot 2011

Simone Davalos simone at combots.net
Tue Feb 1 01:14:14 UTC 2011

Hello Noisebridgians,

I come to you with news that among all the upheaval, unrest and world
changing cusps upon which these times teeter, there is always still a
refuge to be found in the field of cocktail robotics.

Yes, for the second year in a row and with the blessings of our friends
from Shifz and monochrom in Austria, The Robotics Society of America is
proud to present BarBot 2011, a celebration of the mechanization of
cocktail culture.

BarBot 2011 is a fine amalgam of science and unbridled hedonism, and
will be taking place Friday and Saturday, April 1-2, at the lovely new
digs of PariSoma, 169 11th Street (at Howard) San Francisco.  In
attendance will be cocktail making and serving robots, robots that roll
around dribbling beer and flinging pretzels, and other additions to the
cultural zeitgeist in the name of Science And Libations.

We would love to have you and your creations appear at this year's
event.  Perks include deep attractiveness to the sex of your choice,
inestimable power over space and time, and mad genius the likes of which
the world has never seen.  This all occurs for you in the form of free
drinks, our deepest regard, and a good time for a good cause.

This is, as always, a fundraiser for The Robotics Society of America,
that lovable little 501(c)3 educational foundation that co-produces The
International RoboGames, (coming up April 15-17th, 2011!
Http://www.robogames.net).  RoboGames aims to teach interested parties
of all ages the wonder and excitement of Math, Science, Technology and
Engineering in a fun and competitive forum.

If you are interested in showcasing a wonderful creation at the event,
please contact me, Simone, either at this email or at 415.307.3482

We will provide the venue, the power, the alcohol and mixers for your
machines, the snacks, and the lovin'.  Since we are pulling our own
liquor license for the venue, the process will be a lot less complicated
than last year.

If you are in need of a small amount of cash assistance to make the
event happen for you, please contact us.

Please forward this email around to likely suspects you think might be
interested, we enjoy change.

Cheers,

Simone
415.307.3482