[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting Notes Feb. 1st, 2011

Albert Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 18:02:10 UTC 2011

Notes for the 145th Meeting of Noisebridge
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2011_02_01
Note-taker: Al
Moderator: Seth
About 15ish people attended this meeting, along with Al (board
member), Seth (Secretary), and Kelly (Treasurer).

Announcements
* We need a VGA cables.

* The elevator call buzzer now installed in the space for the
elevator. It is very loud. If you hear it, it means that someone is
trying to call the elevator from the first floor,

* Greg is donating a Kinect (with the intention that it should be used
for cool stuff, not xbox games.) It is hackable without having to
physically break it open.

* Al will email Zedd about whether the disherwasher will work. There
is a wiki page for it, so if you know how to hook it up to the faucet,
please write down instructions: http://nburl.net/dishwasher

Claudia Z. was made a member.
In the membership binder: Max A., Jared, Will S., Glen W., Sam P.,
Josh M., Alex P., Philip G., Techra

Financial Report
* Funds in bank: $16,765.14
* Dues for January: $3,400 (expected: about $3,000)
* Donations for January: $1,290

Project Updates
None

Consensus items
* Should we buy stickers? (Mitch will have details on cost, etc.)

Discussion Items
* pay a cleaning service to clean the bathrooms?

* adi got a quote from Santos Cleaning for $150/mo to clean both
bathrooms once a week (Sunday noon-ish).

* pay for the PO box on Market St? $240 for 12 months. The address is
2261 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94114 #235A
The PO box place's phone number is 415-626-2575. It costs us $20 a
month. This place also accepts UPS packages and is cool with it
sitting around for a while waiting to be picked up. Seth will contact
the state and our insurance company with our updated info.

* Mitch brings up that we're out of stickers. 2000 red stickers, 1000
white, and 500 little red cost us $700 before. JackPrint is the
company we used, and they do a good job. Miloh and Josh recommended
another place that was cheaper. Mitch says he'll look into it. This
will be a consensus item next week.

* What do we do with hiatus members who are incommunicado? The
decision we made a long time ago was that if they were on hiatus but
did not tell anyone, then after 3 months of not paying dues they were
no longer a member. (This was an official consensus item made at some
point in the past.)