[Noisebridge-discuss] Gamedev skillshare?

singclarity have.fun.chosen.one at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 07:41:22 UTC 2011

Is anyone interested in starting a game development skill-share with me?

Basically, I would like to have a meet-up at NB where people interested
in game development exchange skill workshops or at least collaborate and
critique others' games and game concepts. I feel like this has probably
already been done, but nothing similar is currently on the wiki so I
thought I might bring it up.

Here's an introductory list of material we could work with:
- introducing game design platforms to each other (steam,  unity, java,
even RPG maker)
- discussing innovation in gaming (3d bandwagon? kinect? xbox/ps3/ipad
platform?)
- marketing your game, whether its possible to even make money off this shit
- perhaps have talks from SF game companies? No dont let this be a
resume whoring session but whatever it'll probably happen
- and seriously, just TALKING about cool new games. Stuff like 'have you
heard of that cool indie game xyz' or 'for gods sake why is the 3DS so
expensive' and 'episode 3 FFFFFUUUUUUU'.

Sorry for the lack of seriousness. I do encourage serious, working
professionals to come. While I am not currently employed in the video
game industry, I will try to make it worth your while if you are.
Lastly, I understand that there are probably other groups trying to
accomplish this goal elsewhere in SF. If anyone has info about other
places that do this (or at least collectives/orgs that are down) then
that would help me, too.

Thanks for reading,

- singuclarity