[Noisebridge-discuss] CRT donations to noisebridge

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Feb 23 00:31:14 UTC 2011

While the garbage company won't accept CRTs (or lead-acid batteries, or
technically any lead at all) they are the bread-and-butter of e-waste
collectors.

Thats right, if you want the e-waste guy to come to noisebridge and take
all the other crap we've accumulated (and recycle it) you have to put some
CRTs in there to pay for his blow.  bubba.  ya-ya.

More importantly, there are a lot of really cool things that have CRTs in
them that people should not hesitate to donate - even an ancient
vacuum-tube television (which ironically might not have a lead-shielded
screen) would be cool, we could immediately rearrange its insides into a
shortwave transmitter.

anyway, two things to remember:  e-waste collectors love CRTs and we love
some things with CRTs in them.

Also, i called my e-waste friend and told him to come pick up our pile,
and i peppered the pile with CRTs and chunks of aluminum and bits of
copper wire.

-jake

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com wrote:

http://www.sunsetscavenger.com/universalWaste.htm

I haven't seen any official documentation of this CRT donation issue.
That's one of the waste disposal issues I'm hoping we can pin down to
better streamline getting junk out of NB.

-Kelly