[Noisebridge-discuss] Patrick being banned

Rikke Rasmussen rikke.c.rasmussen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 14:49:04 UTC 2011

I know that my being very new at Noisebridge may cause some of you to find
it inappropriate for me to interfere in this matter, but I hope you'll bear
with me and hear me out. I've met Patrick multiple times through
Tastebridge, and know him only as polite, if perhaps a little  formal, even
stiff, at times. However, I have never found his behavior untoward in any
way. I will of course read the material available tomorrow, but given the
very rapid development of the situation, I feel like I should add a comment
in his defense immediately - I've witnessed a lynching before and have no
desire to see another.

Exclusion is the worst punishment  Noisebridge has because of the no
policies-policy, our equivalent of capital punishment, and I do not feel
that the crime merits this measure. It is as big a deal as the offended
party chooses to make of it, but since this has only been brought out in
public by a flamewar, and not by the person herself, I can't help but feel
that Frantisek may have a point about attempting mediated dialogue first.
More than anything, though, I would like to hear from the female in question
- if you are following this discussion, I would like to know whether you
feel that this is reasonable?

I hope it's clear that I'm trying to pour water, not gasoline, on the fire
here.

/Rikke