[Noisebridge-discuss] Exploitable statistical vulnerability in scratchoff lottery tickets

Sai sai at saizai.com
Wed Feb 2 05:14:49 UTC 2011

Registered and hosting parked.

Simplest possible rails structure is in the repo:
http://github.com/saizai/lotterycrack

I'm thinking that /tickets/create would be a form with a dropdown
selector for all the current games we know of, and below that, an
approximate visual replication of that game. People just enter the
numbers in the boxes, plus their zip/cost/win, and hit submit.

For now it'd just get dumped into a datablob (so the view probably
needs to do something naughty about labelling things) but I don't know
what would be a good way to represent a variety of tickets yet so this
is the stupid-but-flexible approach.

When/if we have data we can figure out how to unpack those blobs into
something saner to analyze / store.

Your turn - make an input form for, say, the 'tic tac toe' game in
that article. Commit it to repo root and I'll wire it up.

Anyone else wanna join? Right now we'll need
a) scans/pics of new types of games
b) conversions of those pics to forms

I can do the wiring up of forms to backend.

Whee.

- Sai