[Noisebridge-discuss] MacBook + Powerbooks in Turing Classroom

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:55:29 UTC 2011

what's wrong with it? My current ancient macbook is dying in a non-excellent
way (backlight is going out). If it's fixable, and no one minds, I am good
at fixin' dem macs.
Mer

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Jason Dusek <jason.dusek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 01:43, Brian Morris <cymraegish at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The Macbook air had a copy of an installer DVD cloned to the hard drive
> > (like the hd was the dvd), wanted to install over itself on boot up and
> then
> > complained that it couldn't do that (I wonder why). [...]
> >
> > Please let me know a) if you are owner of MB Air...
>
>  I abandoned the MacBook Air at NB. Isky took over stewardship
>  of it; last I heard, he was working on putting Snow Leopard on
>  it. If you can get Linux on it that would be pretty cool.
>
>  Isky, what do you think about all this? I would just like to
>  see my old Air be put to good use.
>
> --
> Jason Dusek
> Linux User #510144 | http://counter.li.org/

Ladycartoonist.com

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein