[Noisebridge-discuss] personal computers at Noisebridge (was Re: Missing Green Bike /w Red Grips.)

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 12:07:27 UTC 2011

For what little its worth...
As long as I've been visiting Noisebridge, it's seemed that Isky has
declared that area in the Turing classroom his personal little office.

The first thing I ever brought up to Noisebridge to share was a 17"
flatpanel monitor for the mediacenter computer.  I offered to "loan" it
to Noisebridge.  At the time, Ruben and several others told me very
directly that it was Noisebridge policy to either donate something or
put it away - that there were no "loans" to Noisebridge.  I chose to
donate the monitor.

Isky has a netbook that I see him use all the time.  I think he should
either donate the shuttle computer, take it home, or put it away.
Having to ask Isky's permission to use a public computer at Noisebridge
is just plain wrong.

Also, it seems that Isky only posts to the list when some personal item
of his goes missing.  In its own way, that seems incredibly rude,
selfish, and less than excellent.

I agree with Rachel M. that somebody (not me) was probably trying to
send Isky a message by moving his stuff.

Patrick