[Noisebridge-discuss] personal computers at Noisebridge (was Re: Missing Green Bike /w Red Grips.)

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Fri Feb 4 02:55:40 UTC 2011

On 2/3/11 5:44 PM, Shannon Lee wrote:

>> The trouble is, Turing is currently
>> *always* in use, because someone's always camped on that PC."

I don't think that's a trouble! It means the room is in use and
someone's around keeping an eye on things. That's good!  I like the
people camped on desktops in various rooms. I like it that there are
people who spend all day at Noisebridge. They end up being awesome
custodians of the space and should get respect for that.

People who have trouble asking other people to move out of the room
because a group wants to use it for a class, could ask other
Noisebridgers to give them an extra class for role-playing out assertive
and polite ways to ask, as practice.

I'd happily teach that class (once I am over this month-long bronchitis)

- Liz

--
Liz Henry
lizhenry at gmail.com