[Noisebridge-discuss] retaining members

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 04:58:21 UTC 2011

Heh.  Yeah.  I did a 5 minutes of fame talk on this very subject which
earned me some, get this, *anonymous* dressing down.  Never really felt much
like coming back after that, especially since I don't even know who all
hates me.  I keep thinking about coming back in but never can seem to get
motivated.

Remember...
- Just because someone's been a member for a long time doesn't mean you
can't chase them off.
- Disapprove of problem behaviors, not people.
- Engage in dialog, not diatribe - even if you're right you need to be sure
you're being heard and understood.

Christie
_______
"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being
perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself."
--Anna Quindlen