[Noisebridge-discuss] Missing Green Bike /w Red Grips.

Wladyslaw Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 17:59:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Albert Sweigart <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:
> The two common problems with any system of rules: having much too much
> or none at all.

Funny, I can't remember ever having had a problem with the latter system.

> Don't smoke on the fire escape.

Well Al, I just made a tour of hacker spaces in central and western
Europe and I can tell you I smoked inside every single one I visited.
Metalab dedicates a huge portion of its space to the smoking lounge.
At C-Base people smoke everywhere in the building except for one tiny
room in the basement where the MakerBot lives. At BCCC they make a
habit of smoking in the kitchen, just so everyone knows where to find
the cool kids. So No, it's not obvious to me at all that smoking on
the fire escape is non-excellent, although I am certainly willing to
be convinced otherwise. Just because the behavior has no value to you
doesn't mean it has no value to others.