[Noisebridge-discuss] desktop publishing software / noisebridge publishing

jim jim at systemateka.com
Mon Feb 7 22:53:45 UTC 2011

    "Desktop Publishing" pretty much meant the ability to
use various typefaces. soon after the meaning included
incorporating images with copy, and very soon after that
the meaning included page layout.
    I think nowadays the term pretty much means "take a
PDF to a printer".
    Best to figure out what message to express and then
a layout that includes columns, headings, images, and
body copy. Take time with that part (maybe run the
message by a number of different kinds of people at
noisebridge so's to properly represent us and our space
(and mailing list?).
    After you've got the layout, use any tool that will
generate the PDF file.