[Noisebridge-discuss] Window for Turing Classroom (was "Classroom Turing Porthole")

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Feb 8 05:42:26 UTC 2011

Tap Plastics doesn't so much have good deals as it's nearly the only
game in town.  There is some other place far over in the East Bay that
sells acrylic cut to size but it was too far away to be worth the slight
cost savings it provided - this was in 2009 so I suppose it could be
different now.  I do think glass would be more expensive to purchase in
comparable size, but also easier to find free (broken coffee table, etc)
since we could design the window around the available pane.  Also as
Sean noted, plastic is going to get scratched and muddy faster than
we'll like.

Also: I think wall space is valuable in the classrooms and I'd lean more
towards a window in the door, were I doing this project.