[Noisebridge-discuss] You and your pretty little Consensus Process too.

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 05:43:01 UTC 2011

I disagree. Compromise is Compromise, and Consensus is Consensus. Consensus
is NOT "submission to majority", or even X% majority.
Of course in the real world nothing is ever perfect, but Consensus MEANS
working things out creatively so as to respect the wishes of all.

It may seem as though the wishes are contradictory but there is a solution
which goes beyond the polar opposites characteristic of binary relations.
Thinking "outside of the line" is mandatory however.

Approaches to consensus building include starting with what is already in
consensus even if seems too abstract or trivial.
Another is brainstorming in a group for new ideas.

No always Win/Lose, but Win/Win.