[Noisebridge-discuss] desktop publishing software / noisebridge publishing

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 04:40:50 UTC 2011

For flyers, newletters, and magazine articles use Scribus.
For stuff like electronics with a lot of diagrams and pictures use Inkscape.
For Tech Documentation or Research Papers, use LaTeX.
For Boring Reports (eg Grant Renewals) use Open Office or Abiword.

You can also of course combine these in some ways. I've use Scribus recently
and I need to use it more. I used LaTeX long ago but I need to use it to do
some real writing one of these days (lots of sloppy notes I should make
presentable).
Actually I guess you could use Gimp to make illustrations and other graphics
items and paste / include them into other programs. Or you could scan your
circuit elements into graphics format.