[Noisebridge-discuss] Which can I trust more: TrueCrypt or OSXFileVault?

Steve Camuti mrcamuti at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 03:52:24 UTC 2011

Firmware passwords work great on MacBook Airs because the RAM is soldered into the board, so you can't easily reset the password like you can on every other portable Apple laptop.

That being said, my work uses WinSoft for software FDE in Macs since the FDE drives work in macs... But without any actual encryption abilities. Lame.

-Steve C