[Noisebridge-discuss] Project Labels

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 00:05:14 UTC 2011

Feedback
------------
Avery template size
If you make your labels into a generic Avery size using an Avery
template, then I will buy a pack of the laser labels :
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-%26-Software/Templates

Color logo
The Noisebridge logo can be in color now that we have a color laser
printer.  I think the red draws attention and that's a good thing for
labels.  The official high-quality logo can be found here:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Logo
and more specifically
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/File:Nb_2169_sticker.png

Josh Myers' Label Plan
-----------------------
Josh had a plan awhile back to label all the electronic parts with a QR
code that has a permalink to the part on Jameco's website.

If somebody will do a template using Avery templates for the right size
labels, I will get a pack of labels to do that simple project.

Entire sheet Labels I already got
---------------------------------
Last week, I got for Noisebridge a pack of 8.5" x 11" avery labels.  And
by that, I mean that the entire 8.5" x 11" sheet is one big label.  You
cut your particular shaped labels out of the sheet after-the-fact.
Check 'em out:
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/Labels/Shipping-Labels/White-Shipping-Labels_05165.htm

Smaller labels I already got for kombucha bottles and otherwise
I also got these labels, which use "re-hesive" technology for removing,
repositioning, and are a good size for kombucha bottles:
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/Labels/Shipping-Labels/Repositionable-White-Shipping-Labels-Laser-6-Labels-per-Sheet-100-Sheets_55164.htm

Test printing on plain paper before using labels
I did not leave out the labels that I got for Noisebridge because I
don't want them to get wasted.  The labels need a label of their own
that says:
PLEASE DO NOT WASTE SHEETS OF LABELS. PRINT A TEST PAGE OF LABELS ON
PLAIN PAPER BEFORE USING THE SHEETS OF LABELS.

Patrick